Company does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register for the Website or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to Company or on the Website. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Information DoES OPENBUILDINGS Collect?
Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, during the registration process, we collect Personal Information such as your name, user name, profession, email address, IP address, and browser information. We may collect other Personal Information you provide us through your use of our services, such as the data you submit on our building profiles, collections, guides, or comments. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
Information Collected Automatically:
- Whenever you interact with our Website, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, “cookie” information, and the page you requested. Some of this automatically collected information may or may not be Personal Information, depending on whether it is personally identifiable in nature or not.
- When we collect usage information (such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site), we only use this data in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. For example, this aggregate data tells us how often customers use parts of the Website, so that we can make the Website appealing to as many customers as possible. We may also provide this aggregate information to our partners so that they can understand how often people use their services and our Website and can provide you with an optimal online experience. We never disclose aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
E-mail and Other Communications:
We may contact you, by email, through your account, or other means; for example, we may send you promotional offers on behalf of other businesses, or communicate with you about your use of the Website. If you do not want to receive email, alerts, or other mail from us, you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of an email (if applicable), or by adjusting the notifications settings of your user account. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us make emails more interesting and improve our service.
- Information You Provide to Us:
Will OPENBUILDINGS Share Any of the Information IT ReceiveS?
We share your Personal Information (in personally identifiable form) with third parties only as described below.
- Advertisers: We may allow advertisers to choose the demographic information of users who will see their advertisements and we may provide information we have collected from you to an advertiser in non-personally-identifiable form, in order for that advertiser to select the appropriate audience for its advertisements. For example, we might use the fact you submitted a comment regarding a specific building to present you with related content, including similar buildings or targeted advertisements. We do not do this in a way that would identify you personally.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: In certain situations, businesses we’re affiliated with may sell items or provide services to you through the Website (either alone or jointly with us). We may, for example, sell products or provide services jointly with affiliated businesses. You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction or service, and we will share your Personal Information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service.
- Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. For example, if you were to engage in a credit card transaction via the Website, we would need to allow a credit card processing company to verify the transaction; however, that company would only be authorized to use your credit card information to the extent we needed their assistance in completing your transaction.
- User Profiles and Submissions: You understand that we cannot control what other users do with any content (including without limitation images, captions, and comments) you voluntarily disclose for such users to view on the Website (“User Submissions”). We cannot control if you make your User Submissions publicly available and to be collected and used by others, or to be redistributed through the internet and other media channels. For example, if you post a comment regarding a building, that information will be available to the public.
- Business Transfers: We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Also, if we (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, Personal Information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
- Protection of OpenBuildings and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with that law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of OpenBuildings, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Is Personal Information About me Secure?
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
What personal information can i access?
Through your account settings, you may access and, in some cases, change or delete the following information you’ve provided to us:
- Email Address
- User profile information
The information you can view and update through your account may change as the Website changes. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at email@example.com.
What Choices Do I Have?
- You can always opt not to disclose information to use, but keep in mind some information may be needed to take advantage of some of our special features.
- You may be able to add or update certain information as explained in Section V above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You may request deletion of your account by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or via your user profile on the Website. Please note that some information may remain in our private records after deletion of your account. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your personal information after you delete your account, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective Date: June 09, 2011