Zumbrota Covered Bridge
The Zumbrota Covered Bridge is Minnesota's last remaining covered bridge. It has been restored and is located in Covered Bridge Park in Zumbrota, Minnesota.

History
The bridge was completed in November 1869 as a replacement for Zumbrota's original bridge which was destroyed by the spring flood of that year. The covered portion of the bridge was added in 1871. The bridge served until 1932 when it was moved to the fairgrounds. In 1997 the bridge was moved to its current location in Covered Bridge Park, about 100 yards from its original location. In 1905 Zumbrota had a bridge often called "Zumbrota's second covered bridge" which spanned the Zumbro River, one-half mile upstream. It was a railroad bridge for the Duluth, Red Wing, and Southern Railroad.

Building Activity

  • removed a media
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com