York County Court House
For the courthouse in South Carolina see York County Courthouse The York County Court House is a major court in Toronto, Canada located behind Osgoode Hall. It was built in 1967 at 393 University Avenue north of Queen Street West. It was the York County Courts from 1967 to 1980, then for Toronto since 1980. Today it is home to Superior Court of Justice - Estates Division. The old York County Court House was located on King Street (between Toronto Street and Church Street) and was home to the County Court from 1800 to 1824. It served as home to the Parliament Buildings of Upper Canada from 1829 to 1832. Other sites of the County Court:
  • Second York County Courthouse 1824-1845
  • Adelaide Court House 1852-1900
  • Old City Hall (Toronto) 1900-1967