Wilton Water (or Wide Waters) is a small reservoir, located near the village of Great Bedwyn in the English county of Wiltshire, which supplies the summit pound of the Kennet and Avon Canal with water. It is the catchment for all the rainfall from the eastern end of the Vale of Pewsey and the surrounding hills, and it has been responsible for the development of the habitation in this area for many centuries. It was created between 1794 and 1810, by damming a narrow branching valley and is fed by natural springs. In addition to providing water for the canal, which is pumped by Crofton Pumping Station, it provides a haven for wildlife. When the canal was built, there were no reliable water sources available to fill the summit by normal gravitational means. However a set of usable springs were found adjacent to the canal route about one mile (2 km) east of the summit pound, and about 40 feet (12 m) below it. Arrangements were made for these springs to feed the pound below lock 60 at Crofton Locks. Some years later the reservoir was created to enhance the supply to this pound. The reservoir outfall and sluices are designated as a grade II listed building.