William McBrien BuildingEdit profile
William McBrien Building (formally known as the Wm. C. McBrien Building) is the administrative headquarters of the Toronto Transit Commission. Designed by Charles B. Dolphin and opened in 1958, the 7-storey building is located at 1900 Yonge Street above the Davisville subway station. The building is named for former TTC Chairman William C. McBrien who died in 1954, shortly after the opening of the Yonge Subway. It replaced the old Toronto Board of Trade Building (built 1890 and demolished 1958) at Yonge and Front Streets, the TTC's first permanent home since 1921.
Coordinates: 43°41′50″N 79°23′45″W / 43.697255°N 79.395887°W / 43.697255; -79.395887