William Lampman HouseEdit profile
The William Lampman House is located at 147 Grandview Avenue, in Catskill, New York. The 2.6-acre (11,000 m2) site is located on the west side of Catskill Creek, which bisects the town. Contactor, builder and lumberdealer William E. Lampman built the house around 1891. It is significant as an excellent example of the Second Empire style of architecture in Catskill. It is a three story, brick L-shaped house on a stone foundation. Its characteristic mansard roof is topped with slate shingles. The house was constructed with a traditional center hall plan. In the 1940s, it was converted to apartments, but still retains many characteristic architectural features in the interior.
Also on the property is a contributing two story carriagehouse, which has fallen into disrepair.
The house was entered on the National Register of Historic Places on August 10, 1995.