William Kimbrough Pendleton HouseEdit profile
The William Kimbrough Pendleton House (also known as The Palms) is a historic home in Eustis, Florida, United States. It is located at 1208 Chesterfield Road. On January 13, 1983, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
The home is named for its most illustrious owner, William Kimbrough Pendleton, who moved here in 1886 in retirement; the house served as his home until his death. The house was expanded during his ownership and retains the look of that 1886 remodeling to this day.
Pendleton had served as the Second President of Bethany College. He was born in Yanceyville, Virginia, September 7, 1817, and died at Bethany, West Virginia, on September 1, 1899.
References and external links
- Lake County listings at National Register of Historic Places
- Lake County listings at Florida's Office of Cultural and Historical Programs