White Pine County CourthouseEdit profile
The White Pine County Courthouse was built in 1908 in Ely, Nevada. The Italianate building is sited on a hilltop near the commercial section of Ely. It replaced a temporary wood frame courthouse that itself replaced a structure that burned in 1885 in the former county seat of Hamilton. A copper boom allowed the county to invest in the present substantial two story stone structure, designed by George T. Beardslee and built by R.E. Dodson and G.W. Weller for $49,688. The building is crowned by a small copper-domed cupola. A two story jail was added to the rear in 1925.
The courthouse was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986.