Westmoreland County CourthouseEdit profile
The Westmoreland County Courthouse is a government building of Westmoreland County located in the county seat, Greensburg, Pennsylvania. It is a contributing property to the Downtown Greensburg Historic District, but was listed separately on the National Register of Historic Places on March 30, 1978. The courthouse is also one of the tallest structures in Greensburg, standing 175 feet (53 m) above street level.History
The current building is the county's fourth courthouse and was built in 1906. The first courthouse was used from 1787 to 1801. The second courthouse was demolished in 1854 and the third was demolished in 1901. The fourth courthouse was designed by William Kauffman designed the building in a Beaux Arts style. The dome designed by Kauffman was only used on two buildings, the Westmoreland County Courthouse and a courthouse in British Columbia.