Wellington Rooms, Liverpool
The Wellington Rooms, or as it is often commonly referred to, The Irish Centre, is situated on Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, close to Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral.

The building was designed by the architect Edmund Aikin and built between 1815”“1816 as a subscription assembly room for the Wellington Club. It was originally used by high society for dance balls and parties. Neo-classical in style the building's façade is Grade II* listed, but it is now blackened and the building is derelict, a reflection on the changing wealth and fashions in the city.

Having been derelict for some years the Wellington rooms future looks more positive with a partnership between a building preservation trust and a dance development not-for-profit organisation submitting plans to conserve the building and adapt them to be used as a National Dance Centre serving the Northwest of England.

Building Activity

  • Kiril Pavlov
    Kiril Pavlov activity.buildings_person.create
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com