Watts Mill BridgeEdit profile
The Watts Mill Bridge is a pin-connected Pratt pony truss bridge located over the Little Beaver Creek in Cannelton, Pennsylvania, United States.
The bridge was constructed in 1878 by the West Penn Bridge Company, based in nearby New Brighton. The bridge is located in a valley approximately a quarter mile north of the North Country Trail. The bridge was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988. When the bridge was given this designation by the NRHP, it was simply known as the Bridge in South Beaver Township. It is the only bridge in Beaver County on the National Register.
In 2004, the bridge, which was becoming rusty and falling into disrepair and considered for demolition by PennDOT, was placed on the Top Ten Best Historic Preservation Opportunities in the Pittsburgh Area by the Young Preservationists Association of Pittsburgh. No major renovations have been done to the bridge.