Washington County Museum of Fine ArtsEdit profile
Coordinates: 39°38′13″N 77°43′54″W / 39.6370°N 77.7316°W / 39.6370; -77.7316
Washington County Museum of Fine Arts is an art museum located in Hagerstown, Maryland, United States. The building is located off Park Circle and serves as a centerpiece in Hagerstown City Park. The museum was donated in 1929 by Mr. and Mrs. William Singer, Jr. It was completed in 1931 and two wings were added in 1949. The Museum provides residents and visitors with access to an nationally recognized permanent collection and a rotating schedule of exhibitions, musical concerts, lectures, films, art classes and special events for children and adults throughout the year. The collections include 19th & early 20th Century American Art, Old Masters, and Decorative art.
Washington County Museum of Fine Arts has no entrance fee and relies on public and private donations. The museum is accredited by the American Association of Museums (AAM) .