Warren and Myrta Bacon House

The Warren and Myrta Bacon House, 1802 Broadway, Lubbock, Texas, was designed and built from plans by W. M. Rice of Amarillo, Texas in 1916. It was designed along neo-classical lines for Warren A. Bacon, a successful local businessman and civic leader. The house was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.

Owners
  • Warren Bacon lived in Lubbock from 1893 and resided in this house from its construction until his death in 1938.
  • Mrs. Myrta Bacon, daughter of George M. Hunt, lived in here from its construction until her death in 1967.
  • In 1981 the Episcopal Diocese of Northwest Texas acquired the house and remains the present owner.

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings added a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com