Walton County CourthouseEdit profile
The Walton County Courthouse is an historic courthouse building located in DeFuniak Springs, Florida. It is a contributing property in the DeFuniak Springs Historic District, which was added to the National Register of Historic Places on August 28, 1992.
A new addition to the courthouse was opened in October 2007 and the original courthouse is being renovated.Confederate monument
The Confederate monument was erected in 1871 on the old courthouse grounds in Valley Church, then moved to a new courthouse site in Euchee Anna and finally moved to DeFuniak Springs when this courthouse was built. It was erected in memory of the county's war dead and was reportedly the first such monument built.