Wall and Hanover BuildingEdit profile
The Wall and Hanover Building located at 63 Wall Street, New York, NY was built in 1929 and added to the National Register of Historic Places on November 16, 2005. It was designed by architects Delano & Aldrich and has 37 floors.
The building was built, owned and occupied as the headquarters of Brown Brothers & Co., a merchant bank, that became Brown Brothers Harriman & Co., a private bank, by merger in 1931. BBH continued to occupy the building, then known as 59 Wall Street, until 2003 when it moved to 140 Broadway. BBH established a family of mutual funds in 1983 and named it after the building, as "59 Wall Street Funds". That fund family was later renamed to "BBH Funds" in 2002 when the company made plans to relocate its headquarters.
In 2003 and 2004, the building was converted to residential rental apartments by Metro Loft Management. The leasing company rebranded the building as The Crest, named for the ornate circular depictions on the outside of the building, and began using the address 63 Wall Street. The ground floor of the building is now retail space, including the USPS Post Office for zip code 10005.