Vieste LighthouseEdit profile
Vieste Lighthouse (Italian: Faro di Vieste) is a lighthouse on the rock of Santa Eufemia, located between the rocks of Santa Croce and San Francesco), just opposite the town of Apulia, Italy. Its position is strategic for the shipping lanes in the middle and lower Adriatic Sea. It was designed in 1867 and fully automated in 1997.
The lighthouse is completely controlled and operated by the Command Area Lighthouses Navy based in Venice which incidentally takes care of all the lighthouses of the Adriatic. The Navy has been responsible for managing all of the lights along Italy's 8000 kilometre coastline Italian since 1910, using both military and civilian technicians.