Viborg Town HallEdit profile
With its complex faceted shape Viborg Town Hall becomes a symbol of the new large municipal community that opens in the wake of the municipal merger.
The interplay between house and park creates a new place in the town where the large inner atrium is the heart that joins the town hall’s professional community with the community of the citizens.
The town council hall is flexibly designed and together with the canteen, foyer and an adjoining meeting room it can be converted into a conference centre. The café on the top floor of the building has direct access to the roof garden with a view of Viborg Cathedral.
The energy consumption of Viborg Town Hall will meet the requirements for low-energy class 1 according to Danish building regulations (max (50 +1100 / A) kWh/m2a (A = the heated floor area).
This is achieved by means of several sustainable initiatives, including:
- A compact building geometry
- Treble glazing
- Natural ventilation (hybrid ventilation) - ensuring an energy-efficient ventilation of the building. An intelligent IT system measures the air quality and temperature and controls openings in the building envelope
- Mechanical ventilation in part of the building - requiring efficient heat recovery
- Absorption heat pumps powered by district heating
- Passive and active cooling of the building stock (concrete floor, open suspended ceilings)
- Groundwater cooling
- Daylight - the building has been designed to benefit the most from the daylight
- External solar protection
- Movement sensors and use of energy-efficient light sources to reduce electricity consumption
- Solar cells on the roofed parking spaces (approx. 1,265 mono-crystalline solar cells)
- Rainwater collection and percolation
Description from the architects
Radil Radenkov updatedabout a year ago via OpenBuildings.com
Joana Lazarova updated and removed 2 mediaabout a year ago via OpenBuildings.com
Teodora Todorova updatedabout a year ago via OpenBuildings.com
Georgi Sokolov updated 65 media and uploaded 7 mediaabout a year ago via OpenBuildings.com
babbu.phg singh updated 6 mediaabout a year ago via OpenBuildings.com
babbu.phg singh uploaded 2 mediaabout a year ago via Mobile
Georgi Sokolov updated 13 mediaabout a year ago via Mobile