Vernon House is a National Historic Landmark built in Newport, Rhode Island around 1760 at 46 Clarke Street.
Around 1760 William Vernon built the Georgian house probably with the assistance of Peter Harrison. It became a landmark in 1968. Count de Rochambeau used the house as his headquarters when the French allies stayed in Newport during the American Revolution.
It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1968.