Veltrusy MansionEdit profile
Veltrusy mansion is a baroque chateau in Veltrusy, Bohemia now Mělník District Czech Republic. The mansion is located near the banks of the Vltava River at about 20 km North of Prague.
The mansion was initially built in 1716 by architect František Maxmilián Kaňka for Václav Antonín Chotek, count of Chotkov and Vojnín. The original mansion was extended in 1764 by architect Giovanni Battista Alliprandi on orders of count Rudolf Chotek of Chotkov and Vojnín who also commissioned the interior decoration. Further extensions and the annexes of the mansion were constructed in 1804.