VanFleet Hotel

The VanFleet Hotel in Farmington, Utah was built during the 1860s for Thomas and Electra Hunt. Originally a residence, it became a hotel in the 1870s as a result of its proximity to Wells Fargo Stage Coach stop. It was purchased by Hyrum Van Fleet in 1908, but suffered a devastating fire in 1913. The subsequent reconstruction doubled its size. As it was next to the courthouse, it became known as the "honeymoon hotel" as a result of the many newlyweds who stayed there. The Van Fleet family operated the hotel until 1953, when it was converted to apartments. It currently houses dental offices after a 1995 renovation. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on December 19, 1991.

Gorden Van Fleet was mayor of Farmington and would repair the hotel.

Media

2 photos

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference
    about 6 years ago via Annotator
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference and added a digital reference
    about 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com