Universeum is a public science centre in Gothenburg, Sweden that opened in 2001. It is a part of Evenemangsstråket, the thoroughfare of events – close to Korsvägen and Skånegatan – which includes sights of interest like Scandinavium, Ullevi, Svenska Mässan (Swedish Exhibition Centre), Liseberg and the Museum of World Culture. The Universeum is divided into six sections, each containing experiment workshops and a collection of reptiles, fish and insects. The Universeum occasionally gives Swedish secondary school students a chance to debate with Nobel prize-winners and professors. The sections of Universeum are:
- "Kalejdo" - An exhibit about Crime-investigation, laser, space, and more.
- "Explora" - An experiment department that is mostly about humans and technology.
- "Vattnets Väg" (Water's Way) - The Swedish fishes and reptiles.
- "Akvariehallen" (The Ocean Zone) - Marine animals.
- "Regnskogen" (The Rainforest) - Tropical animals in their natural environment.
- "Dödliga Skönheter" (Deadly Beauties) - Deadly and poisonous reptiles.