United Hebrews of OcalaEdit profile
The former United Hebrews of Ocala synagogue is an historic Carpenter Gothic building located at 729 N.E. 2nd Street, in the Tuscawilla Park Historic District of Ocala, Florida. Built in 1888, it was one of the first synagogues in Florida. It is listed in the Marion County section of A Guide to Florida's Historic Architecture, published in 1989 by the University of Florida Press in Gainesville. In 1963, the congregation adopted the name Temple B'nai Darom. The building is a contributing property to the historic district. It is among the oldest synagogue buildings still standing in the United States.Current use
Since 1976 Temple B'nai Darom has worshiped in a new building at 49 Banyan Course in Ocala. The historic building on 2nd Street was sold and is now the Ocala Bible Chapel, a Christian congregation.