Two Medicine StoreEdit profile
Two Medicine Store, formerly part of Two Medicine Chalet, is a historic building in Glacier National Park in the U.S. state of Montana. The chalet was originally built in 1914 by the Glacier Park Company, a subsidiary of the Great Northern Railway, as part of the railway's extensive program of visitor services development at Glacier. The chalet originally featured a complex of log buildings, all built in the rustic style, which provided dining and lodging facilities. Overnight accommodations at the chalet ended with the onset of World War II, and the other buildings at the site were intentionally burned in 1956.
President Franklin D. Roosevelt gave a national radio address from this building on August 5, 1934, while on a visit to Glacier.
The Two Medicine Store is a National Historic Landmark contributing property, being one of five sites in the Great Northern Railway Buildings National Historic Landmark. While the two other surviving chalets, Granite Park Chalet and Sperry Chalet, were constructed of stone, the Two Medicine Chalet complex was of log construction.