Tuxedo

The Tuxedo Metro-North station serves the residents of that community and the gated village of Tuxedo Park, New York. Trains leave the station on the Port Jervis Line for Hoboken, 37 miles (59.5 km) away; travel time to that destination is approximately an hour. It is located along the Orange Turnpike segment of NY 17 almost directly across from the main entrance to Tuxedo Park.

Station building

Tuxedo is the only stop along the line that retains the old station at the current station site. It was built in 1885 as one of the original Tuxedo Park buildings, and was listed as Tuxedo Park Railroad Station on the National Register of Historic Places in 2000. The town of Tuxedo currently owns it, and has restored it to its original beauty. The station contains a waiting room and a community room often used by the Boy/Girl Scouts and other Tuxedo Clubs and organizations.

In 2009 the town spent $1 million to restore the building itself to what historians believe was its original appearance.. The train station currently displays artwork by long-time Tuxedo Park resident and artist Robert Bero (now deceased). The pieces, a gift from the estate of the late artist, include woodcuts, etchings and drawings.

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings added a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com