Tung Wah Group of Hospitals Chen Zao Men CollegeEdit profile
Tung Wah Group of Hospitals Chen Zao Men College (CZM, Traditional Chinese: 東華三院陳兆民中學) is a secondary school located at Kwai Chung, New Territories, Hong Kong. Initiated in 1969 by the Board of Directors of Tung Wah Group of Hospitals, Tung Wah Group of Hospitals Chen Zao Men College was named after Mr. Chen Zao Men (陳兆民先生) for his generous donations and enthusiasm about promoting education. The school motto are "Diligence", "Frugality", "Loyalty" and "Trustworthiness". The school culture is the "C.O.R.E. Cuture", with Care, Open-minded, Respect and Endeavour initiated by Miss Wong She Lai (黃詩麗女士, Former Headmistress, 1994-2004). The mission of the school is to "provide students with comprehensive and multifarious services to children and young people to enable them to exert their full potentialities aimed to serve the community".
The school is notable for its academic success as evident in students' public examination results. Students are not hindered by the medium of instruction when switch from Chinese in Junior Secondary to English in Senior Secondary. Averagely 89% students can pass in Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination in 2007.History
1969 The school was initiated by the Board of Directors of the Tung Wah Group of Hospitals as the fourth secondary school in the New Territories.
September 20, 1970
- The Foundation Stone was laid by Mr. J. Canning (簡寧先生), Former Director of Education.
- The school was named as TWGHs Chen Zao Men College after Mr. Chen Zao Men generously donated the construction fee for the schoolbuilding.
September 6, 1972 The School Term Opening Ceremony was held at TWGH Kwan Kai Ming Primary School (東華三院關啟明小學).
January 1973 - December 1976 Students and teachers began their lessons in the borrowed premises of TWGHs Chang Ming Thien College (東華三院張明添中學) in Nam Cheong Street, Kowloon, Hong Kong with Mr. Fung Ying Lun (馮英麟先生, Former Headmaster 1972-1976) as principal and supervisor.
December 2, 1976 The schoolbuilding was officially opened by Mr. Trophy (陶建先生), Former Director of Education.
- Mr. Fung Ying Lun retired and Mr. Chu Hong Sang (朱漢生先生) was appointed school principal and supervisor.
- All school teachers and students moved into the schoolbuilding located at 1-5 Kwai Hop Street headed by his principal Mr. Chu Hong Sang.
1983 All administrative jobs were computerized.
January 1986 The Chen Wong Shou Jung Library was officially opened after her lady Mrs. Wong Shou Jung (黃秀珍女士) donated for the construction fee.
1990 The Chen Wong Shou Jung Library was totally computerized.
December 1990 The 25th Anniversary cum Open Day was held.
- The school joined the "School new management programme" established by the Education Department as the first school to participate in the Tung Wah Group of Hospitals.
- The school was honoured by the presence of the Board of Directors of the Tung Wah Group of Hospitals to inspect the school.
- The school joined the "Computerized Administration Scheme", adopted the "School administration and management system" (SAMS) established by the Education Department.
- The Parents-Teachers' Association was established.
- Mr. Chu Hong Sang retired and Miss Wong She Lai (黃詩麗女士) was appointed school principal and supervisor.
December 1997 The Silver Anniversary cum Open Day was held.
April 1998 The school was honoured to be inspected by the school inspectorates to perform the "Quality Assurance In School Education".
July 1998 The Language Laboratory was established by the Tung Wah Group of Hospitals.
- The "Information Technology Education Scheme" was established with an Intranet and a Multi-Media Learning Centre.
- "The Sound Controlling Programme" was established with air-conditioners were installed in all classrooms.
December 1999 "Striding for the Millennium" was held with teachers and students walkathoned on the closed runway in Kai Tak Airport (啟德機場).
February 1999 - April 2001 A Students Activities Room, Language Learning Room, Music Room, Visual Arts Room and Staff Resting Room was set up.
August 2000 With the funding from Mrs. Wong Shou Jung, the Air-conditioner system was installed in the school hall.
December 2001 The 30th anniversary cum Open Day was held.
January 2003 The school was honoured to be inspected by the Vice-director of Health to inspect the social studies class in junior forms cooperated with the Department of Health (Hong Kong).
September 2003 - July 2005 The school joined the "School Self-evaluating Scheme", established by the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
October 2003 The 10th anniversary of the establishment of the Parents-Teachers' Association was held.
July 2004 After the school was generously headed by her principal Miss Wong She Lai for almost 10 years. She was appointed school principal and supervisor in Tung Wah Group of Hospitals Kap Yan Directors' College.
January 1, 2004 Mr. Choi Chi Chiu (蔡志超先生) was appointed school principal and supervisor.
June 2006 The Incorporated Management Committee(IMC) was established.
August 2006 The opening ceremony of the 35th anniversary was held.School Hymn
The school hymn is written by Zhu Jianer & Xie Fuya. It is also used as the school hymn of other schools such as Tung Wah Group of Hospitals Kap Yan Directors' College.Students and Staff
The school consists of 929 students from 24 classes and 68 staff at the year of 2007/2008 and is headed by his principal Mr. Choi Chi Chiu (蔡志超先生).School Themes and Slogans
In 2002, the school celebrated its 30th anniversary, and the following slogans are used:
Chinese Version 紮根固有,開教學之新理念；(Striking root on the origin, we take new concepts for education) 展翼中天,達科技之最尖端。(To stretch wings in the sky, we strive for superb science and technology)35th anniversary
In 2007, the school celebrated its 35th anniversary, and the following slogans are used:
Chinese Version 愛澤桃李,關懷開放情遍校； 心繫兆民,互重盡責意滿園。