Tue Marshes LightEdit profile
The Tue Marshes Light was a lighthouse located at the mouth of the York River in the Chesapeake Bay north of Tue Point.History
This light was erected in 1875. The location was originally called "Too Marshes", but the present spelling was adopted around 1900. The less common square foundation was supplemented by fender pilings on the east and west ends; the house was unusual in its gingerbread trim on the gables. Otherwise, there is little to say about this light, which was dismantled in 1960. The usual tower was placed on the old foundation and remains in use.