Tristram Bethea HouseEdit profile
The Tristram Bethea House, also known as Pleasant Ridge, is a historic plantation house near Camden, Alabama. The two-story brick house was built in 1842 in the Federal style and was later updated with the addition of a two-story Greek Revival-inspired portico with simple box columns. It is the only brick antebellum house in Wilcox County.History
The Tristram Bethea House was built in 1842 by Tristram Bethea, an attorney from South Carolina. It was acquired by George O. Miller on October 7, 1850, when Bethea moved to Mobile. Miller paid $2800 for the house and 157 acres (64 ha). It was later purchased by Joseph Eugene Strother and remained in that family until 1987, when it was purchased by Cliff Redenour and Ron Smith. Redenour and Smith did a major restoration of the house and sold it to the Blanton family in 1995. It was sold again to the Stewart family in 1999.