Trinity United Methodist Church

Edit profile
Trinity United Methodist Church

The New Mt. Moriah Baptist Church is located at 13100 Woodward Avenue in Highland Park, Michigan. It was built in 1922 as the Trinity United Methodist Church and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.

History

Trinity United Methodist was built by the Cass United Methodist Church of Detroit as a mission church to serve membership in Highland Park who lived too far to travel the eight miles to Cass United. The structure served as a Methodist church from its dedication in 1923 until 1978. In 1979, the New Mt. Moriah Baptist Church congregation moved into the building.

Architecture

The Neo-Gothic-style church is built from gray limestone.

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference
    about 6 years ago via Annotator
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference and added a digital reference
    about 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
  • Kiril Georgiev
    Kiril Georgiev activity.buildings_person.create
    about 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
  • b3rnardus
    b3rnardus updated a digital reference
    about 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
  • Georgi Sokolov
    Georgi Sokolov updated
    about 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com