Tring railway stationEdit profile
Tring railway station is 1.5 miles outside the small town of Tring, close to the Grand Union Canal and actually nearer the village of Aldbury in Hertfordshire, England. The former Royal Station Hotel and Restaurant has been converted into residential accommodation and beyond that is a small collection of houses, some modern, including a terrace of former LNWR railway cottages. Situated on the West Coast Main Line, the station is now an important marshalling point for commuter trains from here for all stations to London Euston, although no long-distance Virgin services stop here.
There are five full length (12-car) platforms, with one side platform and two islands. To the east of the station are some south facing sidings connecting to the slow lines.Services
The typical off-peak services in each direction are: Mondays-Saturdays
- 3 trains per hour to London Euston, of which:
- 1 is fast, calling at Berkhamsted, Hemel Hempstead and Watford Junction only;
- 2 are slower and call at Berkhamsted, Hemel Hempstead, Apsley, Kings Langley, Watford Junction, Bushey and Harrow and Wealdstone;
- 2 trains per hour to Milton Keynes Central, calling at Cheddington, Leighton Buzzard and Bletchley. The other service stops at the same stations but misses Cheddington.
- 1 train per hour to South Croydon, calling at Berkhamsted, Hemel Hempstead, Watford Junction, Harrow and Wealdstone, Shepherd's Bush, Kensington Olympia, West Brompton, Imperial Wharf, Clapham Junction, then all stations to South Croydon via East Croydon.
- 2 trains per hour to Euston, one calls at Berkhamsted, Hemel Hempstead, Watford Junction and Harrow and Wealdstone, whilst the other service is the same but stops additionally at Apsley, Kings Langley and Bushey.
- 1 train per hour to Milton Keynes Central, calling at Cheddington, Leighton Buzzard and Bletchley.
Tring station was the original intended destination of the then Metropolitan railway, (now Transport for London's Metropolitan Line), of which only the small section from Chalfont and Latimer to Chesham was built before the route was changed to go via Amersham instead.Services
- Train times and station information for Tring railway station from National Rail
Coordinates: 51°48′04″N 0°37′19″W / 51.801°N 0.622°W / 51.801; -0.622