Treasure House

The Treasure House, in Staten Island, NYC, USA, dates to about 1700 with additions in 1740, 1790 and 1860. Samuel Grasset, a tanner and leather worker, built the original section of the house. A cord wainer (shoemaker), inn-keeper, stonemason, and coach trimmer were all later owners of the house in subsequent centuries, as well as a number of local businesses occupying the structure. The house was named after a legend that a cache of American Revolutionary War era gold coins was discovered during renovation in about 1860.

Sources
  • Neighborhood Preservation Center, New York, NY

Coordinates: 40°34′19.4″N 74°08′49.8″W / 40.572056°N 74.147167°W / 40.572056; -74.147167

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference
    about 6 years ago via Annotator
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference and added a digital reference
    about 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com