Thomas Law HouseEdit profile
The Thomas Law House was built in 1796 near present day 6th and N Streets, Southwest in Washington, D.C. Originally inhabited by Thomas Law and Elizabeth Parke Custis, oldest granddaughter of Martha Washington.
In 1816, the home was purchased by former Congressman Richard Bland Lee and his wife Elizabeth (Collins) Lee.
During the Civil War, it was the Mt. Vernon Hotel. Starting around 1913, it was the Washington Sanitarium’s Mission Hospital. Dr. Henry G. Hadley operated a clinic from 1923 to 1961.