Thomas Downs House

The Thomas Downs House is located just east of Charlestown, Indiana's town square. It was built in 1809. It made the National Register of Historic Places in 1984.

Thomas Downs was a politician from Charlestown that was Clark County's first county treasurer. He would later serve as an Indiana Territory legislator.

It is owned by the Clark's Grant Historical Society, who has a museum there but offers tours by reservation only.

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings added a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via