The Town HouseEdit profile
The Town House is a large hotel property built in 1929 on Wilshire Boulevard adjacent to Lafayette Park in Los Angeles, California. Designed by Norman W. Alpaugh, the building was once among the most luxurious hotels in Southern California. From the 1960s through the 1980s, the area around Lafayette Park became less desirable and more dangerous. The building was operated for many years as a Sheraton hotel under the name "The Sheraton-Town House" and "The Sheraton-West." It was later converted for use as low-income housing. In 1997, the Town House was listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Other registered historic sites within one block of the Town House include the Bryson Apartment Hotel, Bullocks Wilshire, the Felipe de Neve Library and the Granada Shoppes and Studios.