The Smith HouseEdit profile
The Smith House is located on Albany Post Road in the Orange County Town of Montgomery, New York, approximately two miles north of NY 17K and a mile southwest of Walden. It has been on the National Register of Historic Places since 1996.
In 1759 one of the town's original settlers, Wilhelm Schmitt (later Anglicized to Smith) built a stone house on the site. His descendants replaced it in 1850 with a Greek Revival-styled house that incorporates some of the original fabric.