The Palms Casino Resort, also known simply as the Palms, is a casino hotel and residential tower located in Paradise, Nevada. The main tower has 702 rooms and suites and contains a 95,000 sq ft (8,800 m2) casino, a recording studio and a 2,200 seat showroom.
Despite the fact that it is located off the Strip, the resort has become a popular destination for many, especially with younger people and Hollywood actors. The Palms competes for market share with Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, another off-strip resort aimed toward the 21-30 demographic. Both resorts are styled in a modern, neo-retro fashion.
The Palms hosts the annual CineVegas film festival.
The Fantasy tower is also home to several of Las Vegas's nightlife venues including Moon Nightclub, Rain Nightclub and the only Playboy Club.History
The Palms opened on November 15, 2001 and was designed by The Jerde Partnership, a Los Angeles based architectural firm.
In 2002, it was the resort where participants of MTV's The Real World: Las Vegas stayed. The level they rebuilt to accommodate MTV is now the "Real World Suite".
In October 2005, the second tower, named the "Fantasy Tower", opened at a cost of $600 million. In keeping with George Maloof's basketball interest (the Maloofs are majority owners of the Sacramento Kings of the NBA), the new tower includes a two-story, 10,000 sq ft (930 m2) suite that includes the only basketball court in a hotel suite. The suite includes a locker room, score board and a multi-screen entertainment system. Some of the other Fantasy rooms include the G suite, the Pink suite, and the Playboy Villa.Acts
- It was also shot for a scene in Eminem's music video, "We Made You", in 2009.
- In 2009, the Palms Fantasy Tower was the setting for the shooting of Katy Perry's music video "Waking Up in Vegas".
- After the death of DJ AM, The Palms' logo had the letters A and M exclusively lit up to pay tribute to the late musician.
- Since The Ultimate Fighter 5 the UFC has held the series Finale at The Palms.
- WEC also regularly held events at the Palms with the last event held (and the second to last before the promotion folds in to the UFC) being WEC 52: Faber vs. Mizugaki on November 11th, 2010.
- INDYCAR holds their annual awards banquet at the resort.
The Pearl Concert Theater is a 3 level concert venue, located within the Palms Resort. Depending on the configuration the venue can seat between 1,000 and 2,500 people.Pearl acts
- KISS - March 16, 2003 (A pre-tour show, before their co-headlining AeroKiss Tour with Aerosmith), August 29, 2008 and November 28, 2009
- Gwen Stefani - April 21, with Akon and October 26, 2007
- Tool - April 27-28 and December 13-14, 2007
- Avril Lavigne - June 7, 2007 and April 29, 2008
- Paulina Rubio - June 29, 2007
- Snow Patrol - July 19, 2007, with Hot Hot Heat
- Fergie - July 28, 2007
- 311 - August 24, 2007, with The Dirty Heads
- The 2007 MTV Video Music Awards - September 9, 2007
- Yellowcard - October 2007 (recorded and released as Live from Las Vegas at the Palms), with Blue October
- Heaven & Hell - October 5, 2007, with Alice Cooper and Queensrÿche
- Sammy Hagar & The Waboritas - February 2, 2008
- Taste of Chaos - April 8, 2008
- Def Leppard - April 25, 2008, with Styx and REO Speedwagon
- Danity Kane - June 6, 2008
- Stone Temple Pilots - June 12, 2008 and February 25, 2011
- Hilary Duff - August 8, 2008
- Judas Priest - September 1, 2008
- Mary J. Blige - October 17, 2008
- Rev Theory - October 30, 2008
- Usher - November 21, 2008, with Faith Evans
- The Backstreet Boys - November 22, 2008
- Oasis - December 6, 2008
- Disturbed - January 30, 2009, with Sevendust and Skindred
- Lil Wayne - March 28, 2009, with Gorilla Zoe and Young Money
- Nine Inch Nails and Jane's Addiction - May 18, 2009, with Street Sweeper Social Club
- The Pussycat Dolls - June 27, 2009
- Jay-Z - July 3rd, with Fabolous-4th, with Ciara and Fabolous, 2009
- Duran Duran - July 10, 2009
- New Kids on the Block - July 11, 2009 and May 7–8, 2010
- Depeche Mode - August 22, 2009, with Peter Bjorn and John
- Mariah Carey - September 11–12 and October 9–10, 2009 (filmed and released, as Live At The Pearl)
- Kylie Minogue - October 3, 2009
- Rob Thomas - October 24, 2009, with OneRepublic and Carolina Liar
- Rob Zombie - October 30, 2009, with Nekromantix and Captain Clegg & The Night Creatures
- Slipknot - October 31, 2009, with Vision of Disorder
- Lady Gaga - December 17–18, 2009, with Semi Precious Weapons
- 30 Seconds to Mars - April 9 and December 31, 2010
- Korn - June 4, 2010, with 2Cents
- The Goo Goo Dolls - June 5, 2010
- Erykah Badu - June 24, 2010
- Corinne Bailey Rae - August 22, 2010, with Norah Jones
- Slayer - October 20, 2010, with Megadeth and Anthrax
- A Perfect Circle - November 20-21, 2010
- Ke$ha - May 7, 2011
- Elvis Costello - May 23, 2011
- System of a Down - May 22, 2011, with Gogol Bordello
- Bruno Mars and Janelle Monáe - June 16, 2011
- Bob Dylan - July 16, 2011
- INXS - July 23, 2011
The Palms includes a recording studio that has been used by many artists including, but not limited to - Jay-Z, Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Carlos Santana, T-Pain, Panic at the Disco, The Killers, Dr. Dre, Eminem, 50 Cent and Wayne Newton.Palms Place
Maloof announced a third tower called Palms Place, a residential high-rise built on the west end of the Palms property. The design architect was Jerde Partnership Construction and this third and final tower has been completed. Residents were allowed to move in on February 29, 2008. On May 31, 2008 the grand opening night took place that marked the latest addition to the Palms, as Palms Place is a multi-million dollar, 58-story hotel, condominium, and spa tower that provides 599 suites.