The Little Church of the WestEdit profile
The Little Church of the West is a wedding chapel on the Las Vegas Strip in Paradise, Nevada that is listed on the United States National Register of Historic Places. Built of California redwood, it was intended to be a replica of a typical pioneer town church. It is the oldest building on the Strip.History
The Little Church of the West opened its doors in 1942 on what would become The Strip. The chapel was originally built as part of the Last Frontier Hotel complex on the Las Vegas Strip. The chapel was moved from the north side of the hotel to the south side in 1954. In 1979, to make way for the Fashion Show Mall, the chapel was moved onto the grounds of the Hacienda. In 1996, when the Hacienda was closed and demolished, the chapel moved again to its current location on the east side of the strip south of the Mandalay Bay.
The church was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on September 14, 1992.
In 2002, the Little Church of the West celebrated its 60th anniversary and remains the oldest chapel on the Las Vegas Strip.Film history
Elvis Presley and Ann Margaret recited their vows in the movie Viva Las Vegas, filmed at the Little Church of the West.Notable weddings