The Gaylord BuildingEdit profile
The Gaylord Building, a historic site of the National Trust for Historic Preservation, has been a central part of Lockport and a landmark along the Illinois & Michigan Canal since 1838. The limestone and timber structure is situated along the northern edge of the Public Landing, reflecting the canal’s early importance to Illinois. Its many tenants and uses exemplify Lockport’s commercial significance throughout the 19th and 20th centuries. Today, the structure’s pivotal role reaches across America as a national example of adaptive re-use that is redefining how a historic structure can be saved and utilized in the United States.
More can be discovered about The Gaylord Building at http://www.gaylordbuilding.org. To contact the historic site staff, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.815.848.9400.