The Galleria at Fort Lauderdale

Edit profile
The Galleria at Fort Lauderdale

The Galleria at Fort Lauderdale is an upscale shopping mall in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It was originally the Sunrise Center, an open-air shopping mall constructed in 1954, but was demolished (except the Jordan Marsh anchor store) and rebuilt as an enclosed mall. The Galleria opened in three phases, initially on November 11, 1980, second in 1982 featuring Neiman Marcus, and lastly in 1983 with Lord & Taylor.

The mall is currently anchored by Dillard's, Macy's, and Neiman Marcus.

Anchors
  • Dillard's; 192,174 square feet (17,853.5 m2)
  • Macy's; 198,433 square feet (18,435.0 m2)
  • Neiman Marcus; 80,683 square feet (7,495.7 m2)
Former anchors
  • Burdines (converted to Macy's in 2005)
  • Jordan Marsh (opened in 1961, closed in 1991; became Dillard's)
  • Lord & Taylor (opened in 1983, closed in February, 2002)
  • Saks Fifth Avenue (closed in May, 2009)

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via Annotator
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference and added a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com