The Academy, WoolwichEdit profile
The site lies within the Woolwich Common Conservation area. The Academy, built between 1805 and 1906, consists of a number of outstanding Grade II* and Grade II listed buildings and structures. The residential-led mixed-use development includes retail and community uses, and retains / refurbishes most of the existing buildings to create 320 units in total. Key to the design are the open spaces between the buildings, which will be transformed into attractive squares and gardens, with new circulation routes for pedestrians.