Texas Technological College Dairy BarnEdit profile
The Texas Technological College Dairy Barn, located on the Texas Tech University campus in Lubbock, Texas, was constructed from 1926-27 and served as a teaching facility for 40 years. The building was designed by architect W. C. Hedrick of Fort Worth, Texas, with assistance from Agricultural Dean A. H. Leidigh and Professor W. L. Stangel.
Until 1935, students would bring their own cows to campus and market their own milk products through the Student Dairy Association. After 1927, the Dairy Manufacturers department sold milk and ice cream to Lubbock residents and college cafeterias. The university moved its dairy facility elsewhere in 1967 and abandoned the dairy barn.
From 1990 through 1992, students raised funds to preserve the barn as a symbol of Texas Tech's agricultural roots. The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1992.
OpenBuildings updated a digital referenceabout 6 years ago via Annotator
OpenBuildings updated a digital reference and added a digital referenceabout 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
jegs updated a digital referenceabout 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
Teodora Todorova updatedabout 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com