Tarrant County CourthouseEdit profile
Coordinates: 32°45′26″N 97°19′59″W / 32.757272°N 97.332964°W / 32.757272; -97.332964
The Tarrant County Courthouse, part of the Tarrant County government campus in Fort Worth, Texas, United States, was designed by the architecture firm of Frederick C. Gunn & Louis Curtiss and built by the Probst Construction Company of Chicago, 1893-1895. This pink Texas granite building, in Renaissance Revival style, closely resembles the Texas State Capitol with the exception of the clock tower. The cost was $408,840 USD and citizens considered it such a public extravagance that a new County Commissioners' Court was elected in 1894.
The Tarrant County Courthouse currently houses the Tarrant County clerk's office, probate and county courts at law, a law library, and the Tarrant County facilities management department.
The Tarrant County Courthouse was seen in Walker, Texas Ranger.External Links
- Tarrant County Courthouse page on fortwortharchitecture.com, with exterior and interior photos