Tacony Music HallEdit profile
The Tacony Music Hall is a historic building in the Tacony neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The three-story brick building was erected in 1885 by Frank W. Jordan, a local druggist and entrepreneur, as a multi-use facility, with retail shop space on the first floor, an auditorium on the second, and space for the Keystone Scientific and Literary Association (founded 1876, later called the Disston Library and Free Reading Room) on the third.
P. T. Barnum and Susan B. Anthony lectured here.
The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990.
Today, the recently restored building is occupied by the local civic association, historical society, and several businesses.