Ta' Kenuna TowerEdit profile
Ta' Kenuna Tower is one of three semaphore towers built by the British in 1848 on the cliffs near Nadur in Gozo, Malta.
Sited on a hill 130 meters above sea level, its purpose was to pass on signals to ships and other posts via a telegraphy link between the two main Maltese islands.
In 2005 the Nadur Local Council with the help of Maltacom (now GO) sponsored restoration works of the tower. A beacon to warn ships of their proximity to land, as well as a number of communication antennas were installed on the roof.
Today, one can ask permission from the tower's watchman to go on top of the covered roof of the tower for a panoramic view of Gozo, Comino and Malta. The surrounding gardens contain a number of plants native to the Maltese Islands.