Swissôtel The StamfordEdit profile
Swissôtel The Stamford (Chinese: 史丹福瑞士酒店), is a luxury hotel in Singapore managed by Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts. Designed by architect I.M. Pei, Swissôtel The Stamford, at a height of 226 metres (741 ft) is one of Southeast Asia’s tallest hotels. Located in the heart of Singapore, this hotel is part of the Raffles City complex comprising two hotels, the Raffles City convention centre, Raffles City shopping centre, and an office tower. Situated at 2 Stamford Road, the hotel sits above City Hall subway station.
The 5-star hotel has 1,261 rooms and suites, 16 restaurants and bars, Raffles City Convention Centre, and one of Asia's largest Spas.History
The hotel was designed by architect I.M. Pei as The Westin Stamford Singapore, along with its adjacent smaller sister hotel, The Westin Plaza. When completed by the South Korean firm SsangYong Group in 1986, The Westin Stamford was the world's tallest hotel building, rising to a height of 226 metres (741 ft). It is alleged that the Ryugyong Hotel in Pyongyang, North Korea was intended as a Cold War response to the construction of this hotel. On January 1, 2002 the two Westins were sold to Swissôtel/Raffles Hotels and both hotels were renamed, The Westin Stamford becoming Swissôtel The Stamford and The Westin Plaza becoming Raffles The Plaza. When Raffles Hotels was acquired by Fairmont in 2006, the smaller hotel was again renamed, becoming Fairmont Singapore.Restaurants
Swissôtel The Stamford has 16 food and beverage outlets including Equinox Complex.
- Equinox Complex
- Swissôtel The Stamford
The 70,000 square feet (6,500 m2) Raffles City Convention Centre, located on Level four, comprises 27 meeting rooms, three ballrooms, an executive conference centre and business centre.Recreational facilities
Swissôtel The Stamford has an array of recreational facilities:
- One of Asia's largest spas
- Two outdoor swimming pools.
- Six tennis courts.
- A fitness club.
- Time Out Singapore 2010 Best of Awards: New Asia.
- Customer Satisfaction Index of Singapore(CSISG) - Tourism, Hotels & Accommodation Services (ranked 2nd): Swissôtel The Stamford.
- Hospitality Asia Platinum Awards 2009–2011: A total of 23 awards.
- TTG Travel Awards 2009 - Asia Pacific’s Best Business Hotel: Swissôtel The Stamford.
- 4th amongst Asia's Top Restaurants and 2nd in Singapore's Top 5 Restaurants Miele Guide 2009/2010: Jaan par André.
- World Gourmet Summit Awards of Excellence 2009 - Rising Chef of the Year: André Chiang of Jaan par André.
- Singapore Tatler Best Restaurant Guide 2009 - Hall of Fame: Jaan par André.
Radil Radenkov updated 3 digital references and updatedabout 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com