Sturgeon Bay Canal LighthouseEdit profile
The Sturgeon Bay Canal lighthouse is a lighthouse located at the Coast Guard station near Sturgeon Bay in Door County, Wisconsin.
Situated on the east side of the south entrance to the Sturgeon Bay Ship Canal, it was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1984, as the Sherwood Point Light Station, reference #84003666. Originally constructed in 1899, instability forced the addition of steel bracing in 1903. It is similar to the reinforced Devils Island Lighthouse.
There are two lighthouses at this location, the other being the Sturgeon Bay Canal North Pierhead Light.Specialized Additional reading