Stuber-Stone BuildingEdit profile
The Stuber-Stone Building is located at 4221--4229 Cass Ave in Detroit, Michigan. It was built in 1916 by developer David W. Simmons as an automobile dealership for Stuber-Stone & Company, and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1996. It is now known as the Stuberstone Lofts.
The Stuber-Stone building was built as a dealership for the Columbia Motors, which was founded in Detroit by William E. Metzger. They began promisingly, but overextended themselves and went into receivership in 1923.