Stone FarmhouseEdit profile
Stone Farmhouse is a historic home located at Buffalo in Erie County, New York. It is a Greek Revival influenced stone vernacular farmhouse. It is a two story, rectangular hipped roof structure measuring approximately 40 feet wide and 50 feet deep. It was built about 1830-1850 and is one of at least two stone houses in Buffalo surviving from the early 19th century.
Although neighborhood legend holds that it was used as slave quarters, all evidence indicates that it was built well after New York State abolished slavery in 1827.
The stone farmhouse was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1999 and is situated within the Hamlin Park Historic District.