Stephens County CourthouseEdit profile
Stephens County Courthouse is the building in Toccoa, Georgia, the county seat of Stephens County, Georgia, where the trial courts conduct their affairs and other county government offices are located. The property was added to the United States National Register of Historic Places in 1980.History
Stephens County was formed in 1905 from parts of Habersham and Franklin Counties as Georgia's 143rd county. Toccoa was designated the county seat in the legislation creating Stephens County.
Stephens County's first courthouse was completed in 1908 and is still in use, but a new courthouse opened in May 2000 across the street from the first.Architecture
Constructed in the Classical Revival style, the two-story brick building features a clock tower.