Stafford MillsEdit profile
Stafford Mills is an historic textile mill complex located on County Street in Fall River, Massachusetts.
The Stafford Mills company was incorporated in 1870 with Foster H. Stafford serving as its first president.
The two mills were built in 1872 from native Fall River granite. A red brick mill office built in the Romanesque style was later added between the mills on County Street. Mill No. 1 also includes an attached weave shed at the rear of the site along Quarry Street.
The company operated until 1929 when it was closed.
The site was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.
Today, the complex is occupied by a variety of small businesses and a discount furniture store. The intersection of County Street, Pleasant Street and Quarry Street in front of the mill is known as Stafford Square.