Stadion Zawiszy Bydgoszcz im. Zdzisława KrzyszkowiakaEdit profile
Zdzisław Krzyszkowiak Stadium (Polish: Bydgoski Stadion Miejski im. Zdzisława Krzyszkowiaka) is a multi-use stadium in Bydgoszcz, Poland. It was completed in 1960 with a capacity of about 35,000-45,000 on wooden benches. The stadium was completely rebuilt in 2007-2008, and the current seating capacity is 20,247 people. It is currently used for football matches and track and field events.
The stadium is named after Polish Olympic gold medal-winning runner Zdzisław Krzyszkowiak.Athletics
Zdzisław Krzyszkowiak Stadium has hosted several national athletic competitions:
- 11 of 82 all Polish national senior athletics championships
and at the international level:
- 1999 - World Youth Championships
- 2000 - European Cup First League
- 2001 - European Relay Festival
- 2003 - European Athletics U23 Championships
- 2004 - European Cup
- 2008 - World Junior Championships
- 2010 - IAAF World Cross Country Championships
It has hosted 10 international matches of the Poland national football team.